We’ve rounded up the best weed strains for you to explore in the new year, whether you’re a medical marijuana user seeking a mellow high or an energetic blast.
Pink Rozay is an indica-dominant hybrid strain that has been reported to have relaxed, sleepy effects and a flavor profile similar to the fruitiness you’d expect from rosé wine. Pink Rozay was developed by Cookies founder Berner and rapper Rick Ross and has been well-received by patients throughout 2020 and 2021, thanks to its unique flavor profile and high THC content.
Apples and Bananas
Apples and Bananas is a strain developed in a collaboration with the aforementioned Cookies. The developers worked on several different cannabis varieties and crossed them together to create a new strain with a complex terpene profile that actually tastes like apples and bananas. This sweet strain is sure to be one of the most popular choices in any dispensary in 2022.
Peanut Butter Breath
We’ve had strains that taste like cherry pies, cakes, chocolate, and coffee, but what about that other favorite, protein-packed spread, peanut butter? ThugPug Genetics has delivered, and Peanut Butter Breath has been a favorite among patients since 2020, thanks to its peanutty flavor and relaxing, uplifting, euphoric effects.
Next Generation Seed’s Bonkers is a hardy variety that is great for growing indoors or outdoors. Its quick flowering time is an added bonus for those seeking a plant that provides a powerful body stone in a relatively short amount of time. The fast flowering time makes Bonkers a good choice for beginner cannabis growers seeking to hone their skills.
Just to note that there is another strain called “Bonkers” by Exotic Genetix, which crosses Cookies & Cream with Lemon Tree. It is also a worthwhile strain worth trying.
There’s been a spate of apple- and dessert-tasting strains over the last few years, and Apple Fritter is another example of this trend. Cherry Pie is a popular strain, but some want something that tastes like Apple Pie. Apple Fritter by Lumpy Flowers has a sweet and earthy profile with a taste of pastry (and even a hint of sweet and savory cheese). Apple Fritter has been reported as having a balanced, relaxed-uplifting effect.
These are just some of the strains to try in 2022. Also, be on the lookout for these hot cannabis strains:
- Couch Lock: Highly sedating strain, as the name implies.
- Durban Poison: One of the strongest strains available.
- Super Silver Haze: Known for its trippy euphoria effects.
- Super Lemon Haze: Refreshing with a tart citrus aroma.
- Strawberry Cough: Expansive with the taste of fresh strawberries picked from the patch.
- Purple Punch: Sweet and sedating at the same time.
- Lemon Skunk: Intensely potent with a hint of skunky aroma.
- Gelato: Tasty hybrid of Sunset Sherbet and Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies.
- Clementine: For orange lovers, a flavorful cross between Tangie and Lemon Skunk.